- What is the date for Bike to the Beat 2018?
- It will take place on Saturday, August 4th, 2018.
- How do I sign-up for the ride?
Send complete form & payment to:
Fox Communities Credut union
3401 E. Calumet St
Appleton, WI 54915
OR drop off at any Fox Communities Credit Union location before July 29, 2018. Paper forms will not be accepted after that date.
- Is the entire course paved?
- Yes, all trails and roads in the course are paved. There is no gravel.
- How safe is the ride?
- We will have a fully trained paramedics team throughout the course who are specialized in dealing with medical situations with our event. The ride has marshals spread out across the ride to look after and help the riders through their journey. We ensure that there are breaks spaced out for riders to take a rest.
- How is the ride supported, for example: Food, drink stations?
- We have six food and beverage stations throughout the route, along with food and beverages at 2800 E. College Ave in Appleton (Woodward Radio), at the end of the ride.
- What if I get tired on the bike ride? Are there facilities for a break on the route?
- Yes, there are plenty of stops along the course if you wish to take a break. All riders will also receive phone numbers to call, in case they're unable to complete the ride.
- Will there be someone to look at my bike in case of mechanical failure on the route?
- Yes, bike mechanics are available on route but as a rider it is your responsibility to ensure that your bike is road worthy. Repairs will be basic, for example: Air, brakes and gear checks which will be carried out at the food/music stations. If you are unable to complete the ride with your bike, you can call one of the phone numbers (will be provided at ride time) to request a course transport vehicle to pick you up.
- I don't own a bike but I'd really like to participate. Can I rent one for the day?
- Definitely! There are some local bike shops that do rent bicycles. You can give the Appleton Bicycle Shop a try.
- Do I need to wear a helmet during the ride?
- YES! For your safety, helmets are required and must be worn at all times while you are cycling. We recommend that you visit your local cycling shop as they will be able to advise you on the correct sized helmet to fit your head comfortably.
- But seriously... are helmets REALLY required?
- YES! We are strict on this rule. You will not be allowed to participate in Bike to the Beat without a helmet. All passengers must have a helmet, too (kids riding in trailers, carriers, etc.).
- Can bicyclists have their child(ren) ride in a bike seat, bike trailer, or trailer bike?
- Certainly! But remember, everyone must be wearing a helmet.
- What is the minimum age for entry?
- There is no minimum age to participate - families are welcome! Note: be sure to register every participant in your group/family if they’d like a t-shirt. This includes kids riding in a bike seat, bike trailer, or trailer bike.
- When and where is packet pickup?
- This date and time are to be determined.
- Are dogs/pets allowed to participate with riders?
- No, for the safety of everyone participating in the event, animals will not be allowed.
- Where can I park my car for Bike to the Beat?
- Information coming soon. Stay tuned.
- What kind of food will be available throughout the course?
- Food will vary from station to station and will include bagels, muffins, cheese, sausage, chicken wings, sub sandwiches, ice cream, and more! Food items are subject to change without notice.
- I'm coming from out of town and need a place to stay for the night. Any recommendations?
- Yes! The Courtyard Appleton Riverfront is offering a block of rooms with a $129 rate for Friday, August 3 and Saturday, August 4 (normal rate is $209). The hotel is located just 1.5 miles fro the start line. Call 1-920-903-9256 and ask for the "Bike to the Beat" room block discount.
- Will the ride still go on if there is inclement weather?
- Unfortunately, there is no rain date and no refunds will be given due to inclement weather.
- How do I become a volunteer for Bike to the Beat?
You can sign up using the link on our volunteer page.
- Are recumbent bikes allowed?
- Yes! The only bikes not allowed are motorized bicycles. However, battery assisted bicycles are fine, if needed for medical reasons.